If like me you’ve worked hard all year to get fit and shed a few pounds, you probably don’t want to let it slide around Christmas.
The problem is, between travelling to see family or entertaining at home, it’s hard to squeeze in a trip to the gym.
Never fear, I have the answer: home bodyweight/interval workouts.
Some of these take less than 20 minutes, so there’s really no excuse!
Here are my top five home workouts for the holidays:
- 500 rep give thanks to your body workout from the Purely Twins. My arms hurt for about three days after finishing this workout – but I managed to finish so gold star for me! If you have space, why not get the whole family involved? A bit of healthy competition never hurt anyone 😉
- This 20 minute stair workout from Erin The Almond Eater is ideal for trying at home. You just need some stairs (obvs) and your fitness gear – great!
- Yoga with Adriene is one of my favourite YouTube yoga channels. You’ll need a little longer for some of the videos, but they’re so worth the energy that Adriene brings to her classes online.
- Who doesn’t get a deck of cards in their Christmas cracker like, every year? Well, now you have a use for them! Try this 52 card pickup workout from Ang at Nutty For Life. It’s tough, but well worth the effort.
- OK, so this one isn’t strictly a home workout, but it’s a great one to do around Christmas. Grab the family, lace up your walking boots and head out into the great outdoors to work off that turkey dinner. My (semi-practical) hiking tips are always here to help!
How do you keep fit during the holidays? Let me know in the comments below or via @Rinroad on Twitter.
Don’t forget to check back here tomorrow for day four of my 25 days of blogmas challenge.