I never thought I’d say this, but I have a fitness wishlist.
It was only about 18 months ago that I was basically completely sedentary, and only 12 months ago that I had a knee injury so painful I was questioning whether I’d ever do high-impact exercise again.
But hey, here we are, nearly Christmas 2014, and I’m actually excited to write ‘workout wear’ in my letter to Santa (actually, I might just send him a link to my festive fitness wishlist on Pinterest!)
I thought I’d celebrate day nine of my 25 days of blogmas challenge by sharing my festive fitness wishlist with you. Here’s what’s on it:
- The super-cute ‘Tofu, kale, quinoa, spinach, wine’ healthy checklist tank from Truth, Balance, Virtue by The Balanced Blonde. Admittedly, I don’t really eat tofu. But kale, quinoa, spinach and wine? Check, check, check and CHECK!
- Nike Studio Wraps for barefoot exercise classes. I’m fairly sure no-one likes being faced with bare feet when doing the back strengthening series in a hot yoga class! These wraps look perfect for saving my barefoot modesty.
- A Headspace subscription to guide me through mindfulness practice. This one’s more of a mental fitness wish. I’ve completed the Headspace free 10-day mindfulness trial, and enjoyed practising mindfulness using a few of their podcasts, but I’d love to keep going with it more regularly.
- A Gymboss interval timer to help me with HIIT (high intensity interval training) workouts. There are many, many days when I don’t feel like a full hour’s post-work gym session. But on those days I try my best to fit in a home workout HIIT. A proper interval timer would save me faffing around with the stopwatch on my phone!
- A Nutribullet blender for fresh, quick and fruity smoothies following a tough fitness sesh. Love the fact that the blender cup also twists off to give you a healthy drink to go.
- Fluff Off pullover pullover from Lululemon. Maybe more of an ‘in my dreams’ gift wish, knowing Lululemon products are on the slightly pricier end of Santa’s budget, but this running pullover is sooo cute! It would also double up perfectly as a coat on days where I’m running around from the gym back to work. Maybe one for the January sales wishlist instead?
- Sweaty Betty luxurious knitted bobble hat. Because who doesn’t want to enjoy winter running in style?
- Nike Air Max Thea Women’s Shoe. I basically live in my trainers, but I’d kind of like to be able to walk around in a pair other than my running shoes. These would look great with gym kit or my jeans – love them!
What’s on your festive fitness wishlist this year?