No weights to hand for your workout this Christmas? No problem, try a Christmas gift workout instead!
There’s always one present under the tree that’s bigger and heavier than the rest (and let’s hope that one’s for you!) Why not use it to add a festive twist to your home holiday workouts?
Here are a few moves you could try.*
For the legs…
Weighted jump squats
- Stand a little more than hip-width apart, with your feet facing forwards.
- Hold the present in front of your chest and keep your elbows close to your body.
- Squat down, keeping your back straight and making sure your knees don’t overextend past your toes.
- Jump up from squat position, land gently with your knees slightly bent, and repeat.
For the arms…
Burpees with overhead lifts
Gotta love a good burpee!
- Place the present on the ground in front of you and stand up straight with your legs slightly apart.
- Squat down and place your hands on the ground, before jumping your legs out behind you so you end up in a push up position.
- Keeping your hands on the ground, jump your feet back into your body and grab the present before you transition back to standing.
- Lift the present by extending your arms over your head.
- Bring the present back down and repeat the process, placing the present back on the ground before you complete your next burpee.
For the abs…
Plank present touches
- Start in upper plank position, propping yourself up on your hands and making sure your body is in a straight line from head to toes.
- Place the present at full arm’s length in front of you. Reach one arm out to tap the present, bring it back to the ground, then reach the other arm out. Repeat as many times as you can manage!
And there you have it – moves to work out the whole body using a Christmas present… how very festive!
*Same reminder as always: I’m not a fitness professional (as is probably evidenced by the fact I’ve just created a workout with a Christmas present!) so always seek professional advice before changing your fitness regime or trying moves you’ve never tried before. Take it from someone who knows, you don’t want to end up injured!