Three things I’ve been obsessed with this month (plus my August favourites):
- My step count. Seriously, how does anyone walk 10,000 steps a day and work a fulltime desk job? I recently blogged about how I love long walks (now), and I’ve been on a few as well as running again this month, but even with that I’ve only managed an average of just under 9,000 steps!
- Peanut butter. I’ve put it in pad thai zoodles, I’ve put it in a PB & J smoothie and I’ve eaten it a LOT on toast! Hands up if you love peanut butter as much as I do!
- Life HIIT. Although I’ve upped my strength training in prep for running my first 5K, I’ve definitely learned the importance of rest days. Now to learn not to equate those rest days with an excuse to eat too much pizza…
This week’s green smoothie contains a not-so-secret green ingredient… hope you enjoy!
- 1/4 large courgette (or 1/2 a small one)
- 1 peach
- 1/2 banana (frozen)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Generous squidge of honey
Remember my curly kale and quinoa bake?
Well, I’ve taken that recipe and added some fish to create this quick, tasty and healthy quinoa kale fish pie! (more…)
When I first started this blog, I decided that only the posts about fitness and food would make their way onto Facebook. Posts about my recovery from anxiety would not.
I mean, I know people on Facebook, it’s a network of schoolmates, work colleagues and friends – some of whom have known me for nearly my whole life.
On other social media sites I can reach out to a wider network of people, people who immediately understand what I’m going through, because they may be experiencing similar difficulties – and I always feel encouraged by the support and advice that comes back.
Cherry bakewell smoothie:
- 10 cherries (de-stoned and frozen)
- 1 peach (de-stoned and cubed)
- 1/2 banana
- Handful of spinach leaves
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 cup almond (or coconut) milk
I’ll be honest, I doubt there will ever come a day when you’ll read a post on this blog tagged #rinroadrelaxes.
The day you do will be the day I master the art of complete mental and physical relaxation and this blog will cease to exist (I mean, what would I write about?)
Fear not though, you only need to remind yourself of my hour of mindful yoga to realise just how far away the day #rinroadrelaxes really is! That’s not to say I won’t keep trying towards it though!
A few weeks ago I caught up with my sister and one of my best friends for the first time in aaaages!
We (eventually) ate some super-delicious tapas-style food at a well-known Mexican restaurant in Covent Garden, but only after what I’ve dramatically decided to describe as ‘a serious of unfortunate events’! My sister got stuck at work, my friend got stuck on a train and I got stuck using the blue dot on Google maps and ended up going to the wrong restaurant!
Yes, I went there and no, I don’t regret it!
It might not be everyone’s cup of smoothie (ha ha), but my PB & J Saturday Smoothie is packed with protein and flavour for the peanut-butter obsessed among us!
I LOVE pad thai noodles. But apparently eating platefuls of carby, eggy noodles isn’t that good for you – who knew?
So, to feed my pad thai craving, I paired this recipe for lightened up pad thai via The Healthy Maven with ‘zoodles’ (that’s courgette noodles, if you live in the UK!)
Post-yoga Saturday smoothies are back with this delicious lemon drizzle smoothie!
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp flax seeds